About Dr. Cohen
- Irving A. Cohen, M.D.,M.P.H. is a physician practicing medicine in Topeka, Kansas, USA.
- Doctor Cohen is a Fellow of The American College of Preventive Medicine.
- Doctor Cohen is Board-Certified in the medical specialty of General Preventive Medicine and Public Health by the American Board of Preventive Medicine.
- Doctor Cohen obtained his training in Preventive Medicine at the Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health, in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Doctor Cohen served as the Chief Resident of Preventive Medicine at Johns Hopkins University.
- Doctor Cohen is a founder of the Foundation for Prevention, a not-for-profit organization to train others in prevention.
- Doctor Cohen has made presentations on the role of diet in weight loss and prevention at the following scientific conferences:
- The American College of Preventive Medicine
- The Obesity Society
- The Indian Health Service
- The American Association for the History of Medicine
- as well as at local and regional conferences.
- Doctor Cohen has authored three books for the public dealing with weight-loss and type 2 diabetes, as well as one book dealing with addiction.
- Doctor Cohen has published in the scientific literature about the evaluation of weight-loss diets.
- Doctor Cohen is also a Fellow of the American Society for Addiction Medicine.
- Doctor Cohen is also Board-Certified in Addiction Medicine by the American Board of Addiction Medicine.
- Doctor Cohen has served as Deputy Director of the New York State Research Institute on Addiction.
- Doctor Cohen has served as Chair of the Preventive Medicine Committee of the American Society on Addiction Medicine.
- Doctor Cohen has served as Chair of the Medical Advisory board of the Kansas Commission on Veterans Affairs.
- Doctor Cohen is a Fellow of the Kansas Public Health Leadership institute.
- Dr. Cohen has served as adjunct teaching faulty at the following institutions:
- The University of Kansas, School of Medicine
- The State University of New York State at Buffalo, School of Medicine
- The Graduate School in Washington, D.C
- Doctor Cohen currently directs Preventive Medicine Associates in Kansas.
- Doctor Cohen currently treats the uninsured as a volunteer at the Marian Clinic in Kansas.
This website is intended to provide information about the availability of an online course.This website is not intended to offer individual medical advice.
If you require such individual advice or care, please consult your personal physician or healthcare provider.
Thank You for visiting www.Learn2Diet.com
This is page http://www.learn2diet.com/about_l2d Last revision: 23 January 2013
© Copyright all rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form.